Almost - dealing with the unexpected

Mary Bolster BelizemcbaAOL.COM
Mon Sep 15 14:23:59 PDT 2003

Well, I surely would weigh in on having a lot of angst about my upcoming
camino--which begins next Sunday. My life, like all of ours, I imagine, is very
busy. And to leave for a month is a huge project. So, I'm working hard to get
things at my business accomplished before I begin since I will not take a cell
phone or call the office during that timeframe. It's such a paradox: I believe
strongly in the power of letting the process dictate the outcome of the
pilgrimage and yet I'm already wondering what my reaction will be if I find at, say
Burgos, that there is not time for me to reach Santiago. Or perhaps my body,
which I think is ready for this journey will have other ideas. Or maybe I
haven't planned carefully enough ( although I've planned this trip regarding
equipment etc., more carefully than any trip in my life ) and I won't have the right
stuff or too much.
When I go through all of this worry, I end up with the same conclusion--when
I begin it will all be fine. The answers will come to me about how much is
enough, where I should start or stop at a particular place--if I stay in touch
with my inner voice.
Right now I'm sitting in my New York apartment wishing I was on the plane!
Mary