Travel tips

aumm aumm aumm_aummaYAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Sep 15 09:08:23 PDT 2003

I agree with Jason. When I first walked the Camino I
wore a pair of Brasher boots (light 3 season leather
boots) and they were ok though I did find my feet got
hot.  Having seen people wearing trainers, I decided
that when I next went I would do the same.  The second
time I walked a week of the Camino from Roncesvalles
to Logrono in June in a pair of Scarpa approach shoes.
 They were very comfortable and I found that they gave
me more than enough support.  Of course they don't
give as much support to your ankles as boots but most
of the Camino Francés is over well beaten (and
flattened)paths.  I think that if I were leaving in
early spring or late autumn then I would consider
taking boots as parts of the Camino can become very
muddy.  Otherwise I would definitely go for approach
shoes.

Gareth

 --- garranos <garranosaYAHOO.COM> wrote: > It's a
very controversial one, and one that’s open