Travel tips

garranos garranosaYAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 15 08:37:49 PDT 2003

It's a very controversial one, and one that’s open to much debate. I walk regularly in the English Pennines and Lake District and always wear boots. However, on the Camino I bought a pair of running shoes and sent the boots packing. Modern running shoes are well up to the task, and at the Ultreya.net forum there are many members who will back me up on this! Jay and Jenny Jardine swear by them, however if you’re walking in the spring or winter months, good boots or cross-trainers are a must!

Ultreya - Jason
www.ultreya.net

Mary Bolster <BelizemcbaAOL.COM> wrote:
Well, I'm a week away from my departure for the Camino. And I still am
ambivalent about footwear! I've tried two different boots which were fine in the
store but after walking three hours in them, I developed blisters. So, I'm now
struggling w/ whether to take my tried and true running shoes ( they are not
Gortex ) that I run in three days a week. I thought perhpas I could take two pair
of them, so that if one pair is wet, I can dry them out while wearing the
second pair.
I'd like to hear from those of you who have done the Camino. Will I regret
not getting a pair of boots instead of this plan?
Mary