wheeled carts

Rozan Gautier rozangautieraCOMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 27 19:08:27 PST 2003

When my husband Brad and I  were walking in the area Calzadilla de la
Ceuza, Sahagun and El Burgo Ranero in early July of this year we ran
into a Dutch woman of about 65 who had a  cart that looked like a very
large suitcase on wheels.   It was  sturdy looking with big inflated
tires.  Over the course of the few days we saw her we wondered how
this small woman pulled such a large cart.  We then found at night in
the refugios that  each day she would stop other pilgrims and ask them
to pull it for her.  Evidently this thing was really heavy as she
bought a lot of souvenirs along the way.
By the way, the alberque in El Burgo Ranero was interesting.  It was a
new building made of the beautiful orange-gold adobe of that area.
Rozan Gautier