return to list

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon Oct 27 07:20:05 PST 2003

Hi Tom & Klaus,
Of all places, in Longrono, there was a sporting goods store  advertising,
and selling, "wheeled backpacks for pilgrims".  They were similar to carry-ons
with wheels, but they did not have the hard posts in the back leading from the
handle to the wheels that carry-ons have; the bag was pulled by a cloth handle
on the top similar to those in foldable cloth shopping carts.  The rubber
wheels were rather small, to keep the weight of the bag down, I suppose,  but
they were made of rubber and I wondered how they would do on rough terrain.  The
salesman said that he had sold quite a few.