Santiago Cathedral changes

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 16 11:46:36 PDT 2003

Dear Rosina
Thank you for the information about the changes in the Cathedral.  But can
you clear something up for me?  What makes a "tourist" a "tourist"?  It's
okay, this isn't another part of the "lesser pilgrim" thread!!  Well, I
don't think so!.... what I mean is, if you have clean shoes and no backpack
but you simply want to go into the Cathedral to pray or pay your respects to
the apostle, can you only go into the Cathedral between 2 pm and 5.30?
As you may recall, I want to stay in Santiago for a little while in order to
spend time in the cathedral and that may be the extent of my first
"pilgrimage".  So I wondered if this plan will in fact be feasible under the
new regulation?
Perhaps the answer is to do with not allowing people to move round the
building while there is a mass on?... the moving-around people being
presumed to be "tourists"? and that is what they (understandably) don't
want.
I'd be glad to hear
Peace to all
Sally