Picture of Santiago Matamoros Statue

Ignacio Franc és ignaciofrancesaTELEFONICA.NET
Thu Oct 9 14:03:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:45:27 EDT, Elizabeth Boylston-Morris
<TagelleaAOL.COM> wrote:

>I would be curious to learn the correlation between the Santiago Matamoros
>image and martyrs. There are several and diverse versions of the image.
Which
>particular one do you have in mind?
>Regards,
>Liz

Dear Liz,

That's because you think the only martyrs are the catholic church ones.
But muslims do have their own martyrs and "Santiago Matamoros" can be
translated into english as "Saint James the Moor slayer".

God bless you.

Ignacio

P.D. I am still astonished by the new California Governator. ;-)