Topographic maps of Camino Francés

Christopher Heap christopher.heapaROGERS.COM
Thu Oct 9 11:46:24 PDT 2003

I have recently returned from a awe-inspiring journey from Le Puy to Finsterre and I am now sorting through all my memories and experiences and trying to relate them to everday life.

In France I carried the three excellent topo-guides published by the FFRP (didn't carry them all - I bought them as I went along), but I couldn't find anything like it for the Spanish section.

I have a very visual memory and with a background in orienteering I am a bit of a "map freak". When I look at the 1:50,000 topo maps of the French section I can "see" the trail immediately and all the memories come flooding back. By comparison when I look at the guide books I carried in Spain they do very little for me.

Does anyone know if there's anything like those French topo-guides avaliable for the Spanish part of the camino. I know you can buy 1:25000 topographic quads but there are 31 of them, they're expensive, they don't mark the camino and I beleive they're out-of-date.

Thanks,

Chris