Hello, list.

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Tue Oct 7 11:47:03 PDT 2003

Thanks for the comments, Athena. I updated the website with your info on Roncevalles, and qualified the MacClaine, Coehlo references so no one would mistake them for practical guides.

Switching footwear in midday does help prevent blisters as you have new pressure points. We did carry very light sandals for in town use, but they were not suitable for trail walking. We went thru a couple of large rolls of breathable medical tape for blister prevention - wrapped it entirely around the ball of the foot, pieces around sensitive toes, etc.  My wife has severe bunions, so each day started with a taping the feet ceremony.  We learned this from a French pilgrim along the way.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com