Walking in November

Katie Holland kholland25aYAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 2 12:13:24 PDT 2003

We have been walking the camino over the past 3 years
in sections as we cannot get the 40 days needed off of
work to make the trip in 1 trip.  We have completed
the following segments to date:  St Jean to Logrono-
July '01, Logrono to Burgos- April '02, and Burgos to
Astorga- May/June '03.  Our plan is to finish the
camino during the 2004 Xacobeo.

Currently, we have some time in November around the
Thanksgiving holiday that we could walk for about 6
days.  We figure this will get us just beyond Cierbro,
at 20-30km per day, but I was wondering if anyone has
any experience walking during this time of the year.
Are refugios open? How cold is it? (we are from texas)
etc.  Any experiences about the camino would be
greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rod and Katie