query re: air travel to the camino frances

Bruce McLean b_mcleanaTELUSPLANET.NET
Wed Nov 19 15:35:23 PST 2003

Martin J Gerra wrote:

> Hello - My name is Martin Gerra, and I am a new subscriber to the list.
> I live in Boulder, Colorado, and plan to walk the Camino Frances during
> May, 2004.  I would like opinions as to the most convenient  city to fly
> to from the United States in order to begin the pilgrimage at  St. Jean
> Pied-de-Port.

Try USA - London - Biarritz Cheap flights London - Biaritz on RyanAir
        or
USA - Paris - Biarritz

Biarritz A/P has ground transport to both Biarritz and Bayonne
Local train from Bayonne to SJPdP

If you have plenty of time, overnight in Biarritz or Bayonne to decompress,
there is a convenient train from from Bayonne to SJPdP in the morn which
will give you lots of time to get ready to walk the next morn.

There is an inexpensive Hotel close to the Biarritz a/p and within walking
distance of the Biarritz train station then a short ride in the morn on the
TGV to Bayonne to connect to the local to SJPdP