Glorying in the "Anticipates"!

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 9 16:26:13 PST 2003

I will not start my walk on the Plata until April 14. But I packed my mochila  already...just to check it out, you know ! After last year's experience,I added a small umbrella (we folk with spectacles need this in the Spanish rain!) and a nifty pair of goretex outer socks, very thin, since the old boots do get soaked after a while, no matter what!. The pack weighed in at 14 1/2 pounds, without water.

Oh...now I can hardly wait! All of life is either on the way to Santiago, or returned from Santiago, or, very rarely, in Obradoiro Square gazing at my home away from home.

Deanna