Camino too easy?

Tania A. Robson taniaraGOLDEN.NET
Fri Nov 7 07:38:39 PST 2003

what about one's attitude and outlook?

the power of positive thinking and open-mindedness can do wonders to overcome physical obstacles.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Ferguson
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: November 7, 2003 10:11 AM
  Subject: Camino too easy?

  I was surprised at how difficult the Camino was.  I have climbed glacier covered peaks to
  21,000 feet, and done many other hard and scary things.  I think that it will be harder than you
  expect, especially if you do the trip alone.  I thought that with my international travel
  experience, my good Spanish, my backpacking and climbing experience, it would be
  somewhat easy, but it was not.

  Your experience on the Camino will necessarily vary, depending on your background, your
  experience, your language skills, your spiritual view, your companions if any, the weather, the
  incidents or misadventures you have, how many km you walk per day, the physical ailments
  you develop on the walk, etc.  But I do not think that you will find it "easy".

  Richard