Meals at the Parador

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon Nov 3 11:52:55 PST 2003

The Camino commentator who availed himself of the free meals at the Parador
writes:
'There is no queue for the pilgrim meals at the Parador.  The interested
pilgrim need only present herself/himself to the garage 15 minutes before the time
for the particular meal (9:00 a.m. for breakfast, 12:00 noon for lunch, 7:00
p.m. for dinner) and if such pilgrim is among the first 10 s/he will receive a
pilgrim's meal voucher.
I went at 11:45 a.m. with a photo copy of my Compostela and at 12:00 I
entered the Parador through the main door.  A concierge accompanied me and the other
pilgrims to the pilgrims' dining room and we were shown the same courtesy as
that afforded the paying guests,  although the meal may have been different
(pilgrims' are given the meal that the hotel staff gets).
Regards,
Rosina