Completed the Camino by Bike in '03

Crawley, Jeffrey jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Fri May 30 06:35:30 PDT 2003

If you think that's boring I can't wait for the interesting stuff to come through :o)

How long did it take you?

Portomarin might have been having an off day, I remember seeing a huge stack of credentiales on a table to the right as you walked in but there were a couple of coach loads of 'pilgrims' in that day - quite often they come along just to experience the accoustics and get a sello.

Rabanal del Camino had several large boxes of credentiales in stock (ie HUNDREDS), they were 50 cents each last year. (They usually have the CSJ guide to the Camino Frances and the route to Finesterra - not sure if the Ruta de la Plata is available there yet).

Jeffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Jen Seeler [mailto:jeandaveaMINDSPRING.COM]
Sent: 30 May 2003 13:35
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Completed the Camino by Bike in '03

I am signing back on GoCamino after completing the route from Pamplona to
Santiago by bike, and taking an alternate route to Finisterre.  We rode the
same route in May '01.    Especially  for hikers, there are more albergues
and they are better equipped and closer to each other.   Some are private
and cost a few Euros more but could be worth the difference between 3 and 7
Euros.

Happy to say Felisa's sister is continuing to provide a welcome and figs as
you crest the hill into Logrono.   Her sello says "Higos, agua y amor,"
figs, water and love.