Introduction

Lindsay & David lobstertrapaMIDMAINE.COM
Wed May 7 20:06:09 PDT 2003

Dear fellow pilgrims,

I have just turned 50 and am finally able to go on pilgrimage to Santiago de
Compostela. I became acquainted with the Camino 19 years ago while on
vacation in Burgos with my wife. Since then, she has given me 6 or 7 books
on pilgrimage. In October I will be walking from Burgos to Santiago with my
associates Tim Hughes and Mary Beth Leone.

This is, of course, a complicated mission. I am a practicing Roman Catholic,
amateur historian, and travel bug. The Camino is fertile ground for these
interests and more. My father died of heart attack at age 49, so the Camino
is a gift to myself, in gratitude of the surplus years given to me, and in
honor of those who have made the journey possible.

We will be gone three weeks. We would especially like to stay in religious
houses along the route. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I will
return to the listserv often as we prepare for the fall journey.

Warmly,

David Loxterkamp