How early in the fall . . .

Tom Priestly tom.priestlyaUALBERTA.CA
Mon May 5 14:03:36 PDT 2003

Some advice please!
How early in the fall do hostels at the SJPP / Roncesvalles /
Pamplona end of the Camino begin to become less popular, to the
extent that pilgrims do not have to hurry along the trail to get
there early enough to secure a bunk? I know that 'the later the
better', but is there an appreciable difference for that stretch
between the last week of August and the first week of September?
We wish to be in SdC before the end of September BUT we do not much
want to join in any 'race', which will lessen the value of the
experience.
My thanks in advance,
Tom
--