Autumn travel: grapes and almonds

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Thu May 1 10:11:14 PDT 2003

A bit of warning. Any grapes picked off the vines should be washed
thoroughly with water before ingestion.  Pesticides, bird droppings,
road dust - whatever, it is a reasonable precaution to wash them. I
sampled only a few -  but still had qualms of conscience. The
blackberries are another matter. They were growing wild; almost
everywhere along the Camino Francés. They are small, but quite sweet. I
was envious of the young people (i.e. under 70) that could eat them with
impunity. For the codgers with diverticula problems, it is a chore to
avoid swallowing any of the seeds.

regards,

Bob Spenger
rspengeraadelphia.net