Health Food inquiry (2)

Jeffrey Crawley jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Mon Mar 31 23:31:35 PST 2003

What Lisa was drinking is UHT or long life milk, milk that has been
processed for a long shelf life.

Leche Entera just means whole milk, ie not skimmed or semi-skimmed.

You will find UHT on the ordinary shelves inside supermarkets in litre or
half litre tetrapacks.  Many small supermarkets will not have space for
anything but this and it keeps for many months.

Check the dairy chiller cabinets and you will find 'ordinary' milk, usually
in cardboard cartons similar to juice cartons (about 3 inches square and 9
inches tall) and has only been pasturised.

Far better than ColaCao is Chocolate caliente - a thick hot chocolate drink
which goes almost solid when cold, enjoyed best with churros (like a stick
or loop of donut) dunked in.

Olive oil is, of course, polyunsaturated and probably the most healthiest of
edible oils.

Regards

Jeffrey