Finisterre

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sun Mar 30 09:45:24 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/30/2003 12:33:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
eldorpaHOTMAIL.COM writes:

> There is a true end of the world feeling sitting on the cliff above the
> rocks below the lighthouse watching the Atlantic surf.

I agree.  One word of caution.  Even if you go there by bus, the climb up to
the lighthouse from the town proper where the bus lets you off can be quite
challenging.  The road is very steep and the climb was somewhat difficult for
us since we did not expect it.  Some of our friends shared a taxi from
Santiago which took them directly up to the lighthouse so they were spared
the hike.  Howard Mendes, NYC