Pain and Suffering in Religion

Remi & Jen remjenaTELUS.NET
Tue Mar 25 21:08:25 PST 2003

Hi all,

I am doing a paper on pain and suffering in religion.  My focus is on the
camino.  My question is... would anyone be willing to share with me how they
suffered on the camino.. and how they got through it.  I know this is an
intensely personal subject, I understand if people would prefer not to speak
of it.  I am looking at this from a religious perspective. I am interested
in how you suffered (physically, emotionally, spiritually...) and in the
ways you got through it.   How did you feel when you arrived in Santiago?
With regards to Saint James, was he a pull for you to do this, did you feel
that he would offer a miracle of healing (however perceived), a reduced time
in purgatory...   Essentially what were your reasons for putting yourself
through physical discomfort?

 I am looking for opinions other than my own, having walked in September
2001 and returning again in June 2003.  This is an academic paper and it
will be shared only between myself and my professor.  Please reply to my
personal email address.  jenjenatelus.net

Thank you

Jennifer Bruce

jenjenatelus.net