Another poem

Tom Priestly tom.priestlyaUALBERTA.CA
Sun Mar 23 08:17:19 PST 2003

Frans's message, with the poem sent in by Xose Manuel and his
translation, reminded me that the local Camino association in the
SJPP area (Association Les Amis du Chemin de Saint-Jacques - Pyrénées
Atlantiques) have a poem on their publicity material which, as far as
I can tell from searching the GOCAMINO archives, has not been sent in
before; and which those setting out on the Camino this spring may
like. In my translation (which I had improved by a French-literature
teaching colleague!):

=====================
Marche
Tu as rendez-vous
où, avec qui?
Tu ne le sais pas encore,
Avec toi peut-être

Marche
Seul, avec d'autres
mais sors de chez toi
Tu te fabriquais des rivaux
Tu trouveras des compagnons
Tu te voyais des ennemis
Tu te feras des frères

Marche
ta tête ne sais pas
où tes pieds
conduisent ton coeur

chant composé par les moines de l'Abbaye de Bellocq (P.A.)
Walk
You have a meeting
where, who with?
You don't yet know
With yourself, perhaps

Walk
Alone, with others
but leave your home
You have been imagining rivals
You will find companions
You have been seeing enemies
You will find brothers

Walk
your head does not know
where your feet
are taking you

chan (or: song) composed by the monks of the Bellocq Abbey (Atlantic Pyrenees).

PS: they have a web-site, http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/aaamenu.htm,
but for some reason my computer cannot navigate through its links.
Buen camino!
Tom
--
Tom Priestly