Pilgrims Credentials & Ottawa Friends

Robert Ward robertwardaGOSYMPATICO.CA
Wed Mar 19 21:04:49 PST 2003

Hi David,
You should be able to get the credential in Leon at the refugio, which is located in the convent of the sisters of Santa Maria de Carvajal. (I started there in 2000 and had no problem getting the passport on the spot.)
I heard last weekend at the meeting of the Toronto chapter of the friends of the Camino that the "double stamp" rule was basically for people starting after Ponferrada. (Anyone coming from further back is apparently regarded as more trustworthy.)
I'm interested in your mention of an Ottawa "friends of the Camino." Do you have meetings? How can I get in touch with you?
Thanks, Robert Ward