Madrid hotel??

Jane Shoemaker elizjsaSHAW.CA
Wed Mar 19 02:13:46 PST 2003

Dear Camino people, I am overwhelmed with all the wonderful information about the origin of the word "ultreya" -- I had no idea!
Now I have another question.
I am flying at the end of April from Vancouver, Canada to Madrid, where I hope to spend three or four days recovering from jet lag before going by bus to Pamplona and then on to Roncesvalles.
I am particularly interested in visiting the Prado while I'm in Madrid.
Can anyone recommend a cheap decent hotel in Madrid, not too awkward to get to?  I think a hostel wouldn't do, because don't they close during the day? -- and at first, anyway, I may want to sleep all day.
Jane