further than there, then back again-Martin

Xosé Manuel Alvariño ElcaminomejalaaAOL.COM
Mon Mar 17 17:03:50 PST 2003

Martin,  your e-mail is beautiful,  thank you for including me in such august
company!

I  believe that "this thing" about wanting to do the C is like a bug that
once it gets into your system you know you have no choice but to do it. There
are so many people with whom I talk about it that are  nonchalant, &/or
uninterested. I get the feeling that am thought of as some kind of a lunatic
for wanting to "walk" 600+ miles up northern Spain, wherever Spain is! (well,
yes, I do know people that fall into this cat., what can I say...). New age
folks r easier to talk with, u know, what with the Milky Way, Shirley,
Coehlo, et al...

I believe we are special-ok, let's get mystical about, why not? It's a call
for reasons we may or may not know. And so we have to follow it wherever it
leads us-somewhere over yonder in northern Spain!

It's such a joy every time I hear when first timers like myself and vet
pilgrims are just days away from zero+ Camino time! In a strange way I feel
that a little bit of me is going with that person, and I think about people
like yourself that are starting the C before I plan to, at times during the
day and...I get further energized to continue making plans for this dream to
come true.

Cannot wait to hear about your experience when you return, which leads me to
think..do we have to, return, I mean? Couldn't we just keep on walking, and
walking, and walking,  among the freeways, misty hills, mud, etc., over
yonder? Ay, reality, why do we have to face u every single second that goes
by...

One last thing-Trigo not singled out in ur e-mail! This cannot be, my man!
(somebody  called La Academia & reported you. You will be stopped at the
Praza Cervantes once u get into Compostela and fined, unless you make it up
within the next three minutes!

Buen Camino and abrazos d Xosé Manuel