Buenos Dias to everyone

Linda O'Leary-Lyons lolearylyonsaSYMPATICO.CA
Mon Mar 17 13:27:02 PST 2003

Hi everybody

To Elisa who asked specifically about the meeting in Toronto on March 15, and to Antonio to whom I promised information, I can report the following( although I am in no way the official spokesperson):

I did join the group, however, and now have my credential for stamping which is quite exciting - now the hard part - getting in better shape for September. There were three presentations from folks who've done the Camino and one from an employee of Mountain Co-op on gear ( a jam-packed three hours).

 I did also find out the the book recommended as the practical bible of the walk (Pilgrim Guide to Spain # 1 - The Camino Frances by David Wesson) and available from the Confraternity of St. James in London, can also be ordered  from a Spanish-language bookstore in Toronto, the name of which is Boli Spanish Books, located at 609 Bloor St. W. Toronto, ON (416) 536-2772.  I'll check out price, etc. and let you know if there is interest.

If you're interested in equipment, Mountain Co-op's email address is: www.mountaincoop.com (of course).

The pilgrim speakers were all truly inspirational in their own way.  I can't begin to speak here on how much I was moved by  Sue Kenney's recounting of the symbolism of stones for her on the Camino, the purpose to which she put them and how she continues the practice in her everyday life.

Warm thoughts
Linda O'Leary-Lyons