further than there, then back again

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Sun Mar 16 12:13:24 PST 2003

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 09:27 AM, Martin Ray wrote:

> But to do 12.7 miles (20k), day after
> day, is daunting!  Other than training like hell, please share some of
> your secrets (anyone!).
>        How long did it take, the initial SJJP to Santiago?  & back
> again?  Did you take rest days, and how often if so?  Re pace each day
> -- rest 15 min whenever needed?
I use the looking at the landscape and framing the right view for my
picture break, then there is the water break, which will soon lead to
more pit stops, followed by whatever interesting formation is to be
seen anywhere... I come home with lots of pictures, keep well hydrated
and enjoy the scenery.  But there is no substitute for training,
besides the actual cardiovascular benefits, it helps feet, areas of
chafing, and all the minor inconveniences taht could undo your pleasure
later

Maura