Monte Gozo

Paul Newfield pcn01aWEBDSI.COM
Sun Mar 16 06:52:28 PST 2003

Something for the perigrino to look for at/near Monte Gozo...

When I passed by there (May 1999) I seem to recall that the hill was cordoned off for some reason or another, and that instead of passing OVER it, I had to pass AROUND it (to the right).  In any case, I recall passing by a fascinating stone yard where a sculptor had his studio.  I recall the beautiful pieces of carved stone, some quite monumental in size, that he was creating, and my wishing that I could haul them off with me back to New Orleans.  I was quite impressed, and I lingered there for quite a while.

Does anyone else recall this place?  Does anyone have any photos??  Let me know.

Paul Newfield    <pcn01awebdsi.com>
<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~brasscannon>.

PS:  Just looking at those acres and acres of concrete at the Mt. Gozo refugio was the stark realization that the dream was rapidly coming to an end.  I did not stay there.