Hello

antonio silva antonio_silva1aHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 13 21:57:02 PST 2003

Hi everybody. I just arrived here, through the Net. It seems that finally I
am going to fulfill my dream of walking the camino. I was advised to post a
short introduction of myself. Here it goes:

I am a 57-year old brazilian living in Lisbon. I want to start from St.
Jean. I read two books: from Paulo Coelho and from Shirley McLaine.

1-I have only 20 days available for walking (vacation). What would anybody
advise me? Is it time enough to go from St.Jean to Santiago? I am pretty fit
and healthy and willing. Have only a disk hernia to bother me.

2-Don't have a whole lot of money either. How much money (euros) do I need,
say, a day? for hotel, food in the camino? Do I take cash, credit card,
debit card, what?

3-Is it dangerous? thieves?

4-How much clothing (considering my hernia)? I have a light sleeping bag.
What about shoes (tennis?)?

5-I am planning on going in September, second half. Is it a good time? I
would think so.

Well, this is all for now. Nice meeting you all (on this awckward virtual
way). If anybody cares to answer my questions I will be most grateful.
Later. Thanks.

Antonio Carlos da Silva Rosa
Lisbon-Portugal