Crucifix in the Camino-Jeffrey

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat Mar 1 09:57:33 PST 2003

Yes, technically and dictionary-wise "pai" means father in Brazilian Portuguese, but in my extended times in that beautifulk country I've noticed  that when sons and daughters address their fathers directly in the manner that someone here would say Father, the Brazilians usually say "O senhor"; they also have the word "padre" which they apply to priests.  In English, and Spanish as far as I know, the one word "father" or "padre" encompasses all the nuances of the various Brazilian uses, like, for instance, "paisao".
Do you want me to e-mail the pictures or would you rather have a hard copy? If the latter, just send me your address directly.
Regards,
Rosina