Najera Poem. New albergues.

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Tue Jun 24 13:36:36 PDT 2003

Hi Liz,
Sometime ago I came across a photo of the poem on the wall and searched the
archives for a translation, which I remembered,  without luck.
I have the photo in front of me.  Yes.... it is some poem!
If no one comes up with a way of accessing the translation in the next couple
of days, I'll post it and, (sigh!), attempt to translate it, although really,
really, neither translations nor poetry are within my areas of ability.

The Culture Council of Santiago has announced that four new albergues will be
built in anticipation of the Xacobean Holy Year, which will bring the total
of publicly maintained and funded albergues to fifty-two.
Xesus Perez Varela,  president of trhe Council, reported that more than 5
million Euros have been spent on Pilgrims' infrastructures since 2000. Of this
Euros, almost three million are applicable to projects which are under way or
which will be completed this year.
At the present time there are 48 Council-maintained albergues. The new
albergues will open in Mondonedo (Northern Way),  Portas (Portuguese Way),
Bendoiro-Lalin and Vedra (Silver Way); once they are completed the albergues' capacity
will be double that of 1997.
In the French Way the albergue in Portomarin will be enlarged to almost twice
its present capacity.
The above figures do not include, of course, privately maintained albergues
or those
run by priests, nuns, monasteries or convents.
Regards,
Rosina