2002 pilgrims by month and country

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Mon Jun 16 16:33:08 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 09:48 pm, you wrote:
> anwhile, regards from New York City (presently looking to secede from New
> York State, while  Staten Island, one of New York City's  five boroughs,
> wants to secede from the City, and many New Yorkers think that Manhattan
> should be a city all by itself..  Oh, well!)
> Rosina

Well I was interested in the political graffiti along the camino: navarra
wants to be basque, Leon wants to be 'solo' (took me a while to figure out
what that meant),   Galicia wants independence or at least freedomn and they
all express their feelings on street signs and road signs which are sometime
difficult to read because of them...and they have been together a lot longer
then the boroughs of New York and didn't Jimmy Breslin tried to secede from
Upstate in the late 60's???

Greetings

Maura