Visa, MC and ATM's

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 9 12:26:25 PDT 2003

The credit cards work in the bigger cities, but not in small tiendas. I made it all the way across with an ATM card; I'd get cash in larger towns, but only enough for the next leg of the trip. Never had a problem with it, at least never in Spain. (but I kept the Visa card in reserve, just in case!)  Travelers checks...hummm. Outside big resorts and tourist spots, I don't think they'd be worth the trouble.
My two cents
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'