Walking staffs

Crawley, Jeffrey jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Mon Jun 9 08:23:44 PDT 2003

How about a cheap fishing rod case (hard plastic type) - I saw a decent sports shop in Santiago (or even from Al Campo) or find a plumbers merchant and get a  suitable length of 40mm dia PVCu drain pipe to protect the staff?

I never had any problems checking fishing rods onto flights using this method and have even used the bigger rod cases to transport larger rolls of engineering drawings, neither suffered any damage.

regards

Jeffrey

If I can find a way to get it home, the next time I have a walking trip in Europe, I want to get a bourdon from:
Le bourdon du pelerin.

E. O. Pederson
Seattle, WA