Walking staffs

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 9 05:24:23 PDT 2003

I walked with a telescoping staff. It really did not want to walk with me...I can't tell you how many times I had to run back and get it after walking away without it. After a couple of weeks, I became rather attached to the thing. On the flat it sets up a great backbeat for song-fests, and it really does help on the craggy parts of the trail. When rain is pouring down and you have to hunker under a poncho to "do lunch," it holds the clammy plastic up and off your head!

I wouldn't do a camino without one. But I wasn't SO attached that I didn't finally lose it in a taxicab in Santiago.

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'