route info

Kerrie Littlejohn kerrielittlejohnaHOTMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 8 18:22:08 PDT 2003

Hi, I am leaving in a few weeks also from NY and starting in Roncevalles. I looked into flying into Paris and Madrid and a few other airports in Spain to see what the best prices were and when I bought my ticket Madrid was the best deal, besides I don't speak French and would rather make good use of my Spanish. I am taking bus to Pamplona and then to Roncevalles and I have read and heard that it is not a long trip and decently cheap. A couple of years ago when I started in Ponferrada we flew into Madrid as well and then took a train to Ponferrada. As for leaving from Leon you might want to check on line to see if you can leave from Madrid by plane. If not there is always the train or even bus to get back to Madrid.
I also chose to fly into Madrid because on my way home I could just get back to Madrid which is a lot closer than Paris. Good Luck. Hope it was of some use. Buen Camino, Kerrie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mary Bolster
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 9:44 AM
  Subject: route info

  Hi--I'm planning a trip in September--beginning in Roncavalles. Am interested
  in the best way to get there from NY--via Paris? Then TGV?
  Will have a nephew w/ me for two weeks, so probably he will have to leave
  from Leon. Can he get a plane from Leon to return to NY?
  Look forward to your advice. Mary