Crowded months

Richard Ferguson peregrinoaATT.NET
Sun Jun 8 02:49:57 PDT 2003

Heather and the group:

The traffic by month is more or less as follows, starting with the busiest
month:  August, July, September, June, May and October tied, April, March,
November, December, February, with January as the least busy month for
Compostelas.  September is half of August, with May and October half of
September, and March half of that.  This is the pattern, year after year, Holy
Year or not.  If one wanted to finish in March, there would be a little more
than 10% of the pilgrims that one would find in August of the same year.
For the people finishing in September, the numbers will be about half of
August, so I estimate around 2000 people per day finishing the Camino in
September 2004.   The numbers are likely to be somethat higher in early
September than in late September.

The historical data is on the archdiocese website below, in Spanish, but
the tables are self-explanatory even if your Spanish is very limited.

http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Estadisticas/Estadisticapereg
rinacion.htm

Vaya con Dios,
Richard

Date:    Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:18:30 -0500
From:    Heather Wright <heather-waCOX-INTERNET.COM>
Subject: Re: Counting Pilgrims

With all these numbers being so high, it is a little discouraging to =
think of planning a journey next year.  What time of year are these =
numbers estimated for?  I assume the most of them will be there
between =
May and August.  I am planning to go at the end of August, so I will =
there through Sept., are these estimates for that late in the year as =
well?

Heather=20