Counting Pilgrims

Heather Wright heather-waCOX-INTERNET.COM
Sat Jun 7 10:18:30 PDT 2003

With all these numbers being so high, it is a little discouraging to think of planning a journey next year.  What time of year are these numbers estimated for?  I assume the most of them will be there between May and August.  I am planning to go at the end of August, so I will there through Sept., are these estimates for that late in the year as well?

Heather
----- Original Message -----
  From: Rosina Lila
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 10:55 AM
  Subject: Re: Counting Pilgrims

  Hi,
  At first I, too, thought that the 270,000 were "pilgrim nights", but after
  making inquiries I've been told that the pilgrims are sort-of tracked down the
  Camino as they traverse it, and that the 270,000 came from the names provided
  by the albergues, regardless of how many, or how few, nights a particular
  pilgrim, identified by name,  may have spent at the albergues.