Boots/Daniel

dandekay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Sat Jun 7 09:45:36 PDT 2003

Can be waterproofed with usual kinds of spray or smear-on waterproofings.  One can purchase Lowas with GoreTex in the uppers which they say helps with waterproofing.  As I noted before, however, GoreTex seems to increase the amount of sweating one's feet do.  If your feet aren't too sweaty in the first place then the GoreTex Lowas might be the thing for you.  Last fall I was sitting at a small bar having a coffee and noticed that all five of us had on Lowa boots... we were from Germany, USA, Canada.  Those boots get around!
Buen Camino!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Xosé Manuel Alvariño
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 8:40 PM
  Subject: Re: Boots/Daniel

  Hi, Daniel. Are these (Lowa) boots waterproof?

  Thanks,

  Xosé Manuel, Miami

  In a message dated 6/6/2003 5:43:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET writes:

    Kerri,
       you might want to look into Lowa boots... they make several pair of sturdy but lightweight boots.  I used a pair last fall when walking the Camino from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago.  Very comfortable and worked well.  They are particularly good for wider feet.   If your feet sweat much at all I'd suggest not getting any boots that have GoreTex liners, it seems to me they heat up too much.
             Daniel