Montreal Introduction

E. O. Pederson eldorpaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 4 20:45:26 PDT 2003

While I did not start in Le Puy to go tall the way to Santiago, I did walk
from Le Puy to Conques and recommend the walk as a most wonderful one. I
understand the remainder of the way to St. Jean is also pleasant. I have
walked from both St. Jean and from Somport onward to Santiago as well. I
have posted daylogs for both of those trips at
http://groups.msn.com/CaminoSantiago (go to the left hand column and click
on documents).

I just switched to a new computer todat, and in consequence I do not have my
notes from my old computer available, but there are two Canadian
organizations you might wish to contact:
Canadian Little Company of Pilgrims. This is a small website, but it
includes a variety of information of interest to members of the group, some
personal reminiscences of the Camino, and even a recipe for Tarta Santiago.
(3-3-03)
and
Associatíon québécoise des pèlerins et amis du Chemin Saint-Jacques.  This
Canadian association is aggressively Francophone, but for those who read
French it includes extensive planning information useful for North Americans
making the pilgrimage, some photographs, and a number of personal accounts
by those who have walked to Santiago.

They both have quite good websites, and I apologize for not having the URLs
at hand

Bon Chemin
E. O. Pederson
Seattle, WA