Introduction

Jilek, Glenn Glenn.JilekaFHWA.DOT.GOV
Thu Jul 31 12:22:00 PDT 2003

Hello,

I just got around to reading all the information I received when I joined the Listserv, and they said that an introduction of new participants was recommended.

I am Glenn Jilek and I live in Central Kentucky.  In May of 2005 I plan on walking the Camino from St Jean to Santiago and perhaps on to Finisterra.  In May 2005 I will have the time (at least 30 days) and resources to make this pilgrimage.  This idea started as a little spark about 5 years ago and has continued to grow into something that I can no longer resist.  In the past months several "coincidences" have happened to me that have further reinforced this idea.  I have even had dreams about the Camino!  I am approaching the pilgrimage from a spiritual point of view, but not a religious one.  My father was Catholic and my mother Protestant, so I grew up in an ecumenical household.  I have made friends with people of many belief systems, and I can see the beauty in all of them.  "Officially" I am a Quaker, but with each passing year, I think that I have less and less a need to label myself as anything.  I speak fluent German and will learn as much Spanish as I can before th!
 e trip.

I have already learned quite a lot in the past several days of messages, and look forward to learning more from all of you in the coming months.

Glenn