Boots

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Tue Jul 29 09:29:37 PDT 2003

Lightweight hikers should be fine for 25 lbs - walked it in Sept Oct 2001 with bottom of the line Vasques with no problems, my wife had Lowas. 20lb pack would be better. We used Golite Breeze - about 1 lb, no waist belt. Now I use a GVPGear G4, which also is about 1 lb, but has a minimal waist belt.  It is important to keep the weight down. No cotton, just quick drying synthetics. I had 1 set shorts, 1 wind pants, 1 fleece pants, 1 long sleeved shirt - rolled up to be short sleeve, a 2 lb sleeping bag that was too hot. Didn't have a foam pad, but would take one next time - GVPGear uses pad as the pack frame, so double use.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com