Hello again!

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 28 08:57:08 PDT 2003

Hello to all,

When I was on this listserv before, it was suggested
that we introduce ourselves when we sign on, so ...

I`m Ana Young, from California. I was on Gocamino up
until June `02 when I left for my second Camino. I`m
pleased to sign on again until the next period of
magic, which for me should be 2005.

I first walked the Road in July-August 2000 from
Roncesvalles. I had a plan to try to remain in Spain
for several years - perhaps a lifetime, who knew -
teaching, writing and surrounding myself with the
history of the pilgrimage I had first heard about in
Spain over 25 years before.

But no, I couldn`t stay in Spain afterwards then -
making a living there is very difficult for an
American - so after a brief period back home I ended
up teaching in Japan til `02 when I set out again,
this time on the Camino Aragones from Somport, a route
whose utter majesty grew on me.

Having worked hard in a very different culture (I also
did a short pilgrimage to the Buddhist temples) and
longing to be back in my spiritual home, this second
time I walked and lingered for an entire summer, then
spent the early fall as hospitalera in Finisterre.

It was an unforgettable experience I intend to repeat.
How I wish I could do that full time! But it doesn`t
pay the bills, so to make this already-long story
short, I ended up back in Japan for another year, this
time with more long-range plans afterwards which
include spending lots more time in Spain.

The historical and cultural insights on this list are
priceless. I look forward to sharing with you.

Abrazos,
Ana