The Naked Pilgrim rolls on

William Marques williammarquesaTESCO.NET
Tue Jul 22 14:08:42 PDT 2003

A much less satisfactory episode than those that came before.  Brian Sewell
starts over the mountains and stops in Roncesvalles.  After a short piece
on the size of the pilgrimage numbers in the middle ages and some
derogatory comments about Navarrans he decides on the advice of the Codex
to miss Navarre.  He takes to the coast in his Mercedes to what he calls
the Camino Ingles. Having been sea sick when fishing he wakes up the next
morning to the recent floods in the Basque country and shows some of the
damage caused.  He travels via Guernica and shows us a glove, which was
found in the rubble and given to Picasso while painting his masterpiece. As
a part of one of the great works of art of the 20th century this is also a
relic to Brian.  His next stop is Bilbao visiting the Guggenheim and he
compares the similar results to a town’s prosperity of a modern major
museum and a cathedral with well-known relics in the middle ages.
I hand the baton back to Jeffrey who writes better than I am able to.
William