camino journalism

Ignacio Franc és ignaciofrancesaTELEFONICA.NET
Wed Jul 9 23:25:53 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:41:44 -0700, Rebekah Scott <rebritesaYAHOO.COM>
wrote:

>I can weigh in on this one, seeing it from both the grizzled pilgrim
side, and the ink-stained wretched journalist side.

>So that's the way it is, or at least the way I see it. I think the writer
did a fine job, considering. And the editor should be sent on a 40-day
forced march across northern Spain!

>Rebekah

It is very interesting your inside view on the making of this kind of
article and I have almost forgiven the author for writing that our country
fells down the western europe standards of sanitation.

Anyway, no mather if the editor cutted important parts of it or they never
were there to be cut the result is that I feel the article just scratches
the surface of the Camino reality and the last part of it just deserved to
be trown to the dustbin.

Probably you are wright and this type of article would not be have been
better if Hemingway had writen it.

Finally, I agree with you and cross my fingers for that the Camino will
not be filled up with "ugly americans" releasing themselves everywhere
because there are no restrooms in Spain and everybody does it, don't you
know we have read it in the NYT.

I will make a proposal that before the credencial is given the aspirants
should pass an exam just to see if they are capable of regulating their
liquids and can find a restroom for themselves.

Buen Camino

Ignacio