Thanks, Ignacio

Xosé Manuel Alvariño ElcaminomejalaaAOL.COM
Sun Jul 6 12:42:53 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/5/2003 4:54:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, ignaciofrancesaTELEFONICA.NET writes:

> Xosé Manuel "el camino me jala" started this weekend his first stage
> from Somport to Jaca. He finished in good shape and high-spirited
> his fist day in the Camino. Not even one blister !?
>
> He will continue from Jaca to Santiago in 10 days. That's
> the time it
> will take him to come back from the 7th heaven. :-D
>
> Buen Camino a todos
>
> Ignacio

This was mostly due to your support, Ignacio.

It´s easy for people to say, "go there and start walking, and that´s it!"

However, if one has NEVER trekked or camped before, leads a royal, couch potato life and has a sedentary job, like me, it ain´t that easy.

I mean, I had to learn what may be extremely simple things to others, such as putting the bordon in front of me for every step I take (sorry, folks, Piaget wasn´t around when I went to Kinder), getting over the wild awesomeness of seeing the yellow arrows for the first time (THEY R REAL!!!), deciding which road to take when there are no clear indications (u suggested checking the road out for footprints), sanpping out of haven transported yourself to the Twilight Zone from being mesmerized over the beauty of the Camino Aragones, and coming back to reality when a mean, big, bad dog confronts u, and much, so much more.

Thanks, my good, good, friend.

Ultriea!

Xosé Manuel