restless leg syndrome

Crawley, Jeffrey jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Fri Jul 4 08:29:18 PDT 2003

I always put that down to being constricted by short Spanish beds and the cramping effect it had on my knees (legs tended to end up outside the bunk or through the bars).  I'm 6'1" (185cms) and my bed at home had no frame at the feet because of this.  There was a 6' 5" Texan who had terrible trouble with short bunks.

But is it just the left leg and, if so, why just the one? I know my right leg is much stronger than my left; proven when using a foot pump on my motorbike tires - I can only pump half as many stroke with my left as my right before it gets tired.

Perhaps the 'equal' exercise the left leg had been receiving was causing previously unequally stressed muscles to complain?

In a similar vein I found that on the first few days after completion my, bootless, feet tended to 'float' higher than necessary whenever I took a step, as though the leg muscles had become programmed to putting a certain amount of effort to lift a certain amount weight that was no longer there.  I literally felt 'light-footed'.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hough [mailto:caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM]
Sent: 04 July 2003 15:56
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: restless leg syndrome

I heard the phrase "restless leg syndrome" from a
physician on the camino, and when I got home, I looked
it up on google
and it describes the way my legs have felt
since I got back.    I wake up in the middle of the
night and can't find a comfortable position for my
left leg, but the discomfort is rather vague and ill
focussed.   I wonder if others encounter the same.

http://www.rls.org/frames/home_frame.htm