dreams and such/becoming hospitalero

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Wed Jul 2 13:30:05 PDT 2003

Actually we'll be the only two Yanks there, but in my case I use the
term loosely since I'm from Texas!  I too have fantasized about a bar on
the Camino even picking out a site (at Riego de Ambos) on the far side
of Mt Irago.  I might do the Via de la Plata myself although the pull of
the Camino Frances is pretty strong.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of Rebekah Scott
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 2:57 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: dreams and such/becoming hospitalero

I understand the great draw of the walk in 04 even with the promised
throng; my partner and I are even now hashing out if we should kick off
our stint at Rabanal by walking there via the Via de la Plata. Only
obstacle being we both work for an American company, which severely
limits our holiday time away. (how primitive.)

But I have the Hospitalero "calling." Rather than just sell up all and
buy a little bar/pension  along the Camino right now, I though it wise
to examine the job first. I am given to fancies, this one is just more
durable than most.

But indeed, I will look for you near Blackfriars in November, and I'll
stand you the second round. I shouldn't be hard to spot, as I shall
likely be one of the few yanks in the crowd.

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://promo.yahoo.c
om/sbc/> Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!