afterdreams/coming down after the high

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 2 08:49:16 PDT 2003

I ,too, feel still a but guilty and sluggish for not putting in all those kilometers each day.

And I looked at the webcam at Santiago Cathedral last night. That sight, which used simpy to intrigue me, brought tears to my eyes and made me feel sad, separated, homesick. Yep, I guess it's psychobabble. But I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I saw one of "us" leaving town on a bus on the way back from Finisterre. He waved and waved at me and I jumped up and down and waved back. It was like seeing a beloved brother. His name was Roberto and he was Puerto Rican, that's all I really know. Every time I saw a bus in Galacia I looked closely for one of us.

Deanna