Friends of the Road to Santiago Newsletter 14.3

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Fri Jan 31 05:08:34 PST 2003

I'm proud announce that the Winter 2002 (okay, so it's late again)
Newsletter is about to hit the mailboxes. 16 pages crammed full of
articles on many interesting aspects of the Camino :

* recollections of important spiritual and contact moments on the Road
* an interesting piece on when and how to choose guided /
vehicle-accompanied tours for the trek
* guides for how to get _to_ the road from  Madrid or Paris
* "Foreign Correspondent" Nancy Frey walks us through several parts of
the Museo das Peregrinacions in Compostela.
and more

Introducing 2 new sections of the Newsletter:
* "Rastro Gocamino" : people offer for sale or inquire if there is available
to buy  items related to the pilgrimage

* "Cocina del Camino" : an adapted-for-the-American-kitchen recipe from
Spain's culinary wonders. This issue features "Tarta de Santiago"

Also included is the annual dues request. This year, we are able to
continue subscriptions for USA addresses for $8.00
However, because of soaring postal costs to "foreign" addresses, I must
raise the annual dues for all those with non-USA addresses to $12.00 in
US currency.

[On a personal note:
I want to thank everyone who wrote me privately about the recent family
illnesses, which retarded getting the Newsletter out. Both my father and
my father-in-law, each 95 years old, died within a month of each other.
What I've learned about Medicare, Nursing Homes, Living Wills, Durable
Power of Attorney, and funeral expenses would fill a book. I appreciate all
your thoughts.]

Thanks for continuing to support "Friends."

Linda Davidson